Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phuz

Performing upload / losing tag descriptions

2 posts in this topic

I have an offline copy of an RSLogix 5000 program that has all my tag descriptions. I had to manually add a bunch of tags to an online PLC, but did not enter the descriptions. After entering them and performing a save, I went offline, and did an import off the offline tag file. RSLogix confirms that 0 tags were created, so all it had to do was merge the documentation; however it still prompts for an Upload. FIne, let it upload, but then all my descriptions are gone. There are no tag discrepancies so why is it not merging the documentation? Totals: 0 tags created 179 tags overwritten on collision 208 descriptions imported 0 descriptions deleted 1 new comment imported 85 comments overwritten on collision 0 comments deleted on collisionComplete - 0 errors, 179 warnings Edited by phuz

Further, if I go online, UPLOAD, then save, then go offline, and so much as add a single space to any tag description, I am prompted to UPLOAD next time I go online. I don't ever remember this happening before. And I should clarify this is Logix Designer V21 Edited by phuz