Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muhammad Ali Zahid

factorytalk(RSlinx Enterprise) with SLC 5/2 Comm. error

5 posts in this topic

hi everyone, I'm trying to setup communication between a PV600 (with 2711p-rn3 DH485 COMM module) and a slc500 5/02 plc. I'm using a direct cable to connect both nodes. i'm using FTview studio and in the rslinx enterprise setup, in target tab i've added SERIAL-DH485 driver instead of DH485 and i've add a device "slc 500/02" at node 1, adding a shorcut to it. The SLC channel 0 is configured as node 1 @19200bps and the driver at the rslinx enterprise is @ 19200bps too. i'm usng the following syntax to access slc variables: {::[shorcutname]N7:3}, for example. Anyway, i've download the application to the PV600 and it apperas that the comm mudule does't respond. the comm leds on the pv and on the slc are both off. The questions are: 1- the driver for 2711p-rn3 DH485 COMM module is the SERIAL-DH485 OR THE DH-485? 2 - IS the SYNTAX correct? 3 - do you see any other problems on my configs? Thanks for any help. best regards

if you can send screen shots ,that would be helpful. The driver should be DH-485 since both PLC and HMI are connected over DH485 network protocol even if they are physically connected by serial cable. syntax seems ok .
1 person likes this

Have you tried offline tag import in Fac Talk View Studio ?you can import offline tags from the PLC program to your FTV. It is under HMI tags/ DB Browser option...
1 person likes this

thank you dear it works i have browsed tags from tag database then make a shortcut with the same name which i enter to call tag database and associate this shortcut with the menually added plc slc 5/02 .... thank you alot dear its really help full