Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jean Dubuc

SLC500 to SLC500 via Ethernet/IP

5 posts in this topic

Hello, Is it possible to make a communication between some SLC500 with a ethernet/ip link? I don't want to use a Ethernet /IP adapter like 1747-AENTR. No more room in the rack. Can I use the EEM instruction? Thank you

What is the exact hardware you are using? Do you have a pre-existing Ether IP network that you can tie this into? Short answer is yes, you can transfer data from one SLC to the other. I have always used a MSG instruction, but I would imagine that an EEM instruction will also work with additional configuration. Edited by Cookie Monster

Hello, The SLCs are 1747-L552C with updated firmware. They are on a existing Ethernet/IP network and they are visible with RSLINK (on ethernet/ip) I don't know how to set parameters for instance for a communication between to plc. Thank you Edited by Jean Dubuc

See the picture for an example READ from a SLC at 192.168.1.105 : Reading 5 remote integers N7:0~4 into local N7:0~4 The EEM instruction, quoted from the Help Text "EtherNet explicit messages are useful for communicating with third party EtherNet/IP devices that don’t understand standard MSG commands, as well as providing access to data in Allen-Bradley EtherNet/IP devices that isn't accessible via standard MSG instruction commands." Edited by daba

is upgrading to another SLC controller an option ? I know SLC 5/05 has Ethernet port built-in ....