Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saamy

I cant able to change the channel 0 data bits

7 posts in this topic

Hi friends, I'm having slc 5/05 l552 controller in that i want to change the channel 0 configuration,i can able to change the baud rate, stop bits and parity, but there is no option for the changing the data bits. how can we change the data bits, whether we need to enable any switch settings in plc. Edited by saamy

Channel 0 works in either of two modes "System" and "User" : If you want to use the serial port for anything other than programming, uploading, downloading, monitoring, then you will need to set the port to "User". In that mode you can change the number of data bits.

After changing the "channel 0" to user mode, it's looks similar there is no option for changing the data bits. i attached screen snap with this. Edited by saamy

Thats because there is no option to change the data bits. What protocol do you want to use and why do you want to change the data bits?

It is there on my software....

If you select the 1747-L552C series 10 or later in controller properties it is not there. Maybe the OP can tell us the complete catalog number of his/her SLC. It may shed some light on the subject. Edited by Mickey

Yes, it appears the option to change the number of data bits has been removed in all of the F/W Revision 10 processors. One has to wonder why, and probably only RA can answer that question...