Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ARQ

Mitsubishi Q PLC error 1401

5 posts in this topic

Hello MrPLC people. One of our PLCs stopped with the error 1401 It has been running for atleast 10 years. It is a Q06HCPU with 2 Intelligent function modules, one ethernet QJ71E71-100 and one profibus QJ71PB92D. There is 2 I/O modules, QX80 and QY80. Downloaded the error log from plc. 1415,CONTROL-BUS ERR.,2014- 4- 7, 1:22:17,,Slot No./Base No.(0);I/O No.(0),Nothing 1401,SP.UNIT DOWN ,2014- 4- 7, 1:56:15,,Slot No./Base No.(0);I/O No.(0),Nothing 1415,CONTROL-BUS ERR.,2014- 4- 7, 5:53: 8,,Slot No./Base No.(0);I/O No.(0),Nothing 1401,SP.UNIT DOWN ,2014- 4- 7, 5:58:10,,Slot No./Base No.(1);I/O No.(2),Nothing 1401,SP.UNIT DOWN ,2014- 4- 7, 6: 7:24,,Slot No./Base No.(0);I/O No.(0),Nothing Software is GX IEC Developer 7.04 and GX Configurator-DP 7.04. The diagnostics in GX IEC Developer shows that all the modules are red. I tried to redownload the program to the plc but same error. Tried the error reset function in GX IEC, Debug>System errors but didnt work. The ethernet cable and profibus cable is unplugged at the moment. both cables is used on our backup plc after crash. Is there a way to isolate the source of error or do i throw it in the trash can? Edited by ARQ

Check for a number is registers SD5 thru SD15. the numbers is these registers will point to the slot number with faulty module. Other possibility could be a bad base unit.

Hello and thank you for your response. I tried adding SD5 through SD15 in Online>Entry Data Monitor. Started monitoring but it did not show anything.

I will suggest you remove all network cards(QJ71E71-100 & QJ71PB92D) and re-write the simple program without any network card setting and test. If the error able to reset means your network card or setting have something wrong.

Thank you for your responce. I made a simple program, removed all modules except power supply and cpu. This made the diagnostics show error 1415 instead. I finally found a similar spare Base unit (Q38B-E) and plugged in all modules and downloaded the production program again, the errors disappeared! Have ordered a new Base unit (Q35B-E). Thanks all for helping me.