Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gergallardos

Extract data from PLC to AQL in "real time"

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a SLC 500 and connected to it via DH+ is a PanelView Plus. The PV+ has an ethernet port I'm looking for a way to get the status of some bits in the PLC and register them in a database as well as use them to display "real time" alerts in screens located in our production line. By "real time" I'm not meaning milliseconds, I think anything around 2 secs should do the trick. According to Allen Bradley the PV+ can't pull these values and store them in a database, apparently it is restricted to datalogs. I have been looking at the OPC Servers like Matrikon and Kepware. Actually Matrikon has an ODBC client for OPC Server, could this work? Any other suggestions? Edited by gergallardos

Do you have existing display screens, like other PanelView Plus terminals, or are you starting fresh ? In my humble opinion the very best SQL-centric data logger and HMI software is Inductive Automation Ignition, but it might be overkill for a single PLC. And the connectivity would require a 1761-NET-ENI connected to your SLC-5/04's serial port. There are certainly other HMI software systems that provide both SQL datalogging and distributed alarming, including FactoryTalk View SE. Do you already have a SCADA system or distributed HMI in your facility ?

Hi Ken, We are in the process of replacing the PanelView 1000 for the PanelView Plus 1000. And we don't have a SCADA implemented yet.

Hello, If you are planning on using a PC running a MS Windows OS, PeakHMI might be a good solution for you.