Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ericj

ethernet comunication problem (sockets)

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I am trying to make an ethernet network between my computer, CJM1 PLC with CJ1W-ENT21 and an FZ (vision sensor) using sockets. I want to use this connection to transfer data: bools and words from the vision sensor to the plc. Now it seems I can't open the tcp/ip connection (on the plc no tcp light is on). I have the program and the settings of the camera attached to this thread. I use he plc as server and the camera as client so I tried to open the passive port in the plc. Do I write the IP address of the client somewhere in the plc? As far as I know the IP address and memory addresses are ok I hope someone can help me with this. Thank you in advance! Improved2_TCP_Modbus_1500.cxp Edited by ericj

Check myomron.com (register), go to downloads/8.Programming Samples/PLCs/Function Blocks (Beta Release), there you find FB Modbus TCP.zip. It is a function block with some documentation to use a function block for setting up a Modus TCP client in a ETN21 unit. It works pretty wel. Socket Communication With CJ1W-ETN21 Nevermind, I thought you were talking Modbus TCP to your camera judging the file name of your program but it looks they are just raw socket data. Here are some other useful articles: TCP Socket Communications Sample For CJ1W-ETN21 and Weidmüller serial to Ethernet converter Socket Communication With CJ1W-ETN21