Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mhowasso

3 Pump Alternation Logic

8 posts in this topic

Hi All... Its probably been covered here before....but I can't find it. Does anyone have or can point me in the direction for a "3 Pump Alternation" program logic using RSLogix500. Thanks

Can you clarify what do you mean by "3 Pump Alternation" logic ? Do you mean 3 pumps with master and slaves control configuration or lead/lag/standby logic ?

I have 3 pumps that can be run individually in a manual mode or in automatic mode. Auto mode would allow all 3 pumps to run and cycle thru 1-2-3 like a lead lag but with three pumps if all three are in auto., or normal lead lag if only two are selected. Any help is appreciated..!!!

This is what I found I skinned it down from 12 Fans to 3 pumps for my program. This is the original one that I used.12FANS.pdf

Thank you TLogix... I will check this out this weekend and let you know how I make out. People seem to be hesitant to share programs for some reason. Again..Thank you.

There are many many ways to do this but you need to provide more detail. What is the main control variable?...A pressure transducer? Pressure switches? Float switches? All three? If it's a transducer is there one, two, or three setpoints? Do you need a time delay between pumps coming on or off? As you can see, the more detail we get the more we can help! I don't have an RSLogix program to offer you but I've done this in different ways using Omron and others. Good Luck

There is one Pressure Transducer. When the pressure drops below x value then turn ON pump A. When the pressure raises above x value then turn OFF pump A. If pump A runs for 5 minutes and the pressure does not go up turn ON pump B also. When the pressure drops below x value turn OFF both pumps. Alternate pump A and pump B and repeat Hope this helps Edited by mhowasso

Here is what I have so far. The transfer pumps are O:0/5,6,7 The activation is B3:7/6 Pressure FUEL.RSS