Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bonjourdaisy

1756 ENBT Module - General Properties Vs. IP Properties

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I haven't been able to do much testing on this so I'm wondering if anyone else has looked into it. Basically I'm wondering what the purpose of the IP settings on the General Tab is for in the Module Properties window. Is this the IP that is used initially while doing a download to the PLC? I did a little bit of testing and assigned the General IP to something garbage and then connected my PLC. It then used like DHCP and assigned me a proper IP. Then when I went online, my IP tab was bubbled Manaully configure IP settings. So I'm wondering if DHCP is enabled by default originally? Here are the two tabs I'm talking about:

it is default to be DHCP configured. What i usually do is you would set the IP address in General Tab and download the application. Then go online and go to IP tab, select "Manually Configure IP settings" and put the IP add and other parameters. If you recycle power to the ENBT module after downloading and not setting the IP add in the IP tab ,the IP add will be reset I believe