Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leandro

ControlLogix Communication with Prosoft Module

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm trying to communicate a Yokogawa AXF Flow Meter through Profibus Protocol with an Allen Bradley ControlLogix PLC. (7 AXF in total) This PLC has a Prosoft Communication Module (MVI56 PDPMV1) in order to read the data from the seven flow meters. All the connections are OK, and the Prosoft Software reads all the nodes in the network. But i have a problem when trying to read the flow values, such as Instantaneous Flow, Totalizers, etc. In the Prosoft Sofware i've already installed the right .GSD file (YAC4590.gsd), which imports all the data mapping required to communicate with AXF Flow Meter's. The PLC reads the data brought by the Prosoft Module in bytes structure, but each of these bytes shows incorrect information, so the final problem is that i cannot make a clear read of the flow value. I don't know which is exactly the data mapping of these instruments, as i could't communicate with them via the Yokogawa Programming Software (FieldMate). Each of these flow meters are working fine and they show the right flow value in the LCD display. Unit = m3/h = cubic metres per hour So the final question is: Do i need to program parameters in the AXF Flow Meter, so it starts sending information via Profibus? Or these instruments already bring default configuration ready to transfer data? I have to know if the problem is in the AXF programming or in the PLC programming. Any help would be very aprecciated, Thanks in advance.

The images show the tag mapping in rslogix 5000. For AI (analog input) the tags are defined in the interval 20...24. Then in Rslogix5000 bytes from 20 to 24 are used. Each of these bytes show integer numbers with no sense at all. These pictures were taken offline, that's why the tags have value zero, but monitoring the program online, values are like: 110,80,-120, etc.

I suspect the issue is that you're reading 16 or 32-bit registers in into the SINT Controller Tags. Obviously, a 16-bit register will consume two SINTs and a 32-bit, 4 SINTs. A COP instruction to the correct tag type will recombine the SINTs. One thing that may be required is to enable the byte swapping.

Thanks for your reply, y2kmfic I have a 32 bit register to read (4 SINTs), because the flow meter is sending the Flow value and the Total value in Float format (that is what i expected) Following the picture example, i could do this: COP Source: MVI56PDPMV1.Input[21] Destination: Some_Real_Tag Lengh: 4 Is it ok to use Lengh = 4? I want to recombine array Inputs 21,22,23,24 all together in Some_Real_Tag, so the final format is 4-byte (32 bit) float. The array Input 20 is used for status bits, so i don't use it for the float number. How do i enable Byte Swapping? Thanks very much.

You can use a couple of BTD's. In the example nothing is being swapped. So you will have to swap the destination settings Edited by Michael Lloyd