Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
warkan

Rslogix500 to CX-programmer

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys! So I have a file which was created on RSlogix. But, I want to use the same file on CX-Programmer for OMRON. Is there any shortcut to do it ? Or will I have to recreate the program from scratch ? If that is the case, any tips on creating this file from scratch ? I am pretty new to ladder logic programming and my basics aren't too strong ! So even minute details would help... Thanks so much in advance!! PROGRAM (1).pdf

Contact PLC Conversions (http://plcconversions.com/) and ask them if they can do the conversion for you. Not everything is listing on the website, so you'll have to ask.

Thanks! But, I guess you will have to pay some amount to get it done yeah ? Mine is just a school project and I don't think I would be able spend so much for this :(

If it's a school project, then hand converting is a great way to learn. He charges 1 USD per rung. This is the only automated conversion that I know of that exists to convert PLC files between brands. Edited by JRoss

Hand converting is where I am having trouble with since I have not had much experience .. XD

Then it's perfect for your school project, no?

Exactly!! The whole purpose is for you to LEARN something!!

Yeah I understand thatt... was just looking for tutorials that could help me do the job..

Omron has very good manuals available.