Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JVD

Sheets

7 posts in this topic

Is there a way to call a sheet via PLC?

Do you mean a screen? Sheets do not work that way. Sheets are like templates that you can apply to a screen. For instance, if you have a set of 4 buttons that are on the bottom of all of your screens, you can create the buttons on a sheet and then apply the sheet to all of your screens. Assuming that you did in fact mean screens, yes, you can. To do so, you need to allocate the system bits and words to be written into the PLC. The image below shows where to do this in CX-Designer. Choose a memory area that you are not already using. I have chosen to start the System bits at W0 and the System Words at W10 as shown below: Then, you can click on the System Memory List to see which system bits and words are allocated in which locations in the PLC as shown below: You can see that by default the current screen number is communicated to the PLC (box is checked) and that it is offset +0 from the beginning of the System Word allocated address. So in this example, the current screen number will be in W10 in the PLC. You can also choose the format by selecting the radio button for BCD or Binary (integer). W10 in the PLC will then contain the current screen number that has both read and write capabilities. So, if you want to change the screen from the PLC, use a MOV instruction to move a value into W10. Likewise, you can monitor W10 using comparison instructions so that the PLC knows what screen is currently displayed.

no, I mean a sheet...... thanks for the reply. trying to get something to work that probably wont work. I do know how to setup to see the screens and how to call them. but I was hoping I could use a sheet so that I could display multiple pieces of information on one screen without having to create 4 different screens. basically customer wants the following: graphic screen to be displayed when operator is loading a part, once activated switch to test screen. once test is done and part is removed, go back to graphic screen. easy right? well here's the catch. there are two separate fixtures that can be run independently. most importantly I need to be able to see the graphic screen while loading and testing screen while testing. so when fix#1 is testing and fix#2 is being loaded, the screen will need to change independently for each fixture. so some ideas: thought 1: use display bits to turn it on and off. very difficult to design and change, but would work for what I need. thought 2: 4 different screens and have PLC change between the 4 screens to display the information thought 3: use sheets (which cant be done). thought 4: pop up windows. which don't achieve the desired affect I wanted. I hope that kind of made sense? LoL sorry.

Ok, I see what you want. Why won't pop up windows work? You can have the current screen open, plus up to 3 pop up windows. The main window and each pop up screen can be controlled as illustrated in my initial post, if you turn on the "Pop up Screen" system words. Here is a quick example of how you might use pop up windows to accomplish what you are trying this: 4ScreenPopUp.zip In this example, I did not allocate the Pop up Screen System words, I just used buttons to write directly to $SW1, $SW4 and $SW7.

Pop ups would get it done. However I was hoping for a cleaner look. if there was a way to remove the border and X from the pop up that would be nice.

There is a way to do that. See the file that I attached above. You can run it in simulation, but it may not line up correctly based on the size of the simulation window. I put it on a screen and it looks good. The image below shows the setting (right click on screen and choose properties):

that's a good setting to know about. I will give that a try. just ordering the components and once they are here and wired I will revisit that idea. thanks for your support.