Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ahmed zaki

PLC ETHERNET UPLOAD

7 posts in this topic

hi , I have two PLC Allen Bradley (compact logix L32e --- slc 5/05 cpu 1747-L552) which have ethernet port my question : 1- how can i know there IP Address to adjust my computer and rslinx to upload program 2-the cpu L32e have memory card, how can i read the program in memory card 3- i have panel view plus 1000 and don't know the software required for to upload program

You will need FactoryTalk View Studio Machine Edition software

are there any other method to know the IP address of the PLC rather than buy this device if not,are there other protocol rather than Ethernet for these plc

Sure. You can go online with through the serial port and upload the program to view the IP address. Here is an article on how. http://www.theautomationstore.com/allen-bradley-micrologix-connecting-to-the-plc-over-a-serial-port-or-usb-to-serial-adapter/ Or find another known IP address on the network that communicates with the PLC so you know how to configure your PC IP address. Here is and article on connection via the Ethernet port. http://www.theautomationstore.com/allen-bradley-micrologix-going-online-over-ethernet/

Yes. Follow the first link above for the SLC.I don't have an article connecting to the panelview.

many thanks for your help , i get the pin out of the cable and i will try to upload programs and i hope every thing is ok thank you,