Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shaynet

NS20S - Connecting and Editing Menu

8 posts in this topic

Hi All. Apologies for the signup and ask a question - it's not my style. I have tried reading a lot to get my head around this, but I think it's going to be experience that counts! I have a old OMRON system in my house. It controls various things like my irritation, lighting, water tank levels, hydronic heating water temp and a whole bunch of other things. It's actually quite a beautiful setup. I'm currently attempting to get to know the system and my first port of call is adjust some of the programming / screens on the touch screen. What I want to do is rename my irrigation zone names and change the timing limits (so I can run each zone longer than the 15 minute limit is has now). Once I see the programming code, I'm confident I can wrap my head around that, but it's the communication between the NT20 and the PC that I'm struggling with. I have a NT20S-ST121B-V1 touch screen. What I have done to date. * I have installed CX-ONE and NT Support Tool. * I have a serial connecter and attempted to connected that to an old laptop through a serial to USB converter. I set it to COM1 and configured it on the NT Support tool. * I put the NS20 in transmit mode. And nothing happened. More reading I discover that there is a NT transfer Utility, however I couldn't see that on the CX-One install. I'm really at the point where I just need to get the PC and NT20 talking - and that will give me more confidence to do some more reading. Thanks to anyone that can offer some help.

You probably already did it but just in case... after you put the NT20 in transmit mode, you have to ask the transfer in NTST .

You did not say how you constructed your cable from NT20S 9 pin Female port to PC 9 pin Male Port. It is not 1:1. Please see page 13 of the below document for construction of the cable. BTW: I have an NT20S doing the same thing you are doing. Omron Serial Cables at MrPLC.com

Okay cool -- my construction process was to go to my drawer of cables and be surprised I still had a serial cable and a serial to UBS connector! Sounds like the out of the box cables are not the ticket. I'm not sure I have the skills to build on. Are there any pre-done ones on the market?

Would something like this work? http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-MPT002-CPM2A-CS-CJ-C200H-USB-programming-cable/1304095776.html

Yes. That should work.

Thanks Mate. I've orderd. Fingers crossed!