Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RobertL

Speed control

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I'm working on a personal project and I need some help. The project consist of controling the speed of two DC motors using a MicroLogix 1000, and a C-More HMI, but I don't know which instructions to use. I'm using RSLogix V.8, and RSLinx classic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

what is the type of drives you use to power your DC motors?

I'm using a KBIC-120, 90 VDC speed control.

then you need to google that which will bring you to: http://www.kbelectronics.com/manuals/kbic_manual.pdf sections 9.3 and 9.4 talk about speed control using external reference 0-7V. of course you need to follow instructions on wiring but as PLC is concerned, you just need analog output (0-10V and limit it in software to 0-7V). but micrologix 1000 is not expandable and if i recall only one model has analog IO (of which only one was output i think, the other four are inputs). writing to analog output is simple, you just use MOV instruction for example. normally analog output values would be in raw counts so for example 0-32767 would represent range 0-10V, in which case 7V would be about 22937 counts. if your program uses 0-100% as speed value, you can just multiply that by 229.37 and write to analog out. .