Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
simplex

Small HMI software that works under Windows 7?

6 posts in this topic

Small HMI software that works under Windows 7? I am looking for a small size HMI/SCADA package (something usable, not a toy, and below 500 MB) compatible with Windows 7. I have tried versions of RSView and Wonderware Intouch (installation kits smaller than 300 MB) that worked with Windows XP but they are no longer compatible with Windows 7 and the installation crashes. The HMI/Scada tools that I found and which run under Windows 7 have huge installation kits the order of GB which will kill my computer.

Hello, PeakHMI has a small footprint with lots of power and supports W7.

I will try it. What scares me a bit about PeakHMI is that I have seen it recommended in topics like: "wich brand of scada use in usa PLC/Scada recomendation What SCADA software would be suitable SIMPLE SCADA Low cost scada!" as far back as November 2008 and despite this it does not seem it penetrated too much outside US (I am not in US). For instance, I am seeing PeakHMI is used in only one place in China and in a few locations in the entire Asia, in one location in Africa and nowhere in South America, Germany, France, Russia or Spain.

Hello, >What scares me... Regardless of the map, that does not show all customers, why does it scare you? >it does not seem As the line above the map says "Some customer locations.". We have happy customers in Wien. PeakHMI is private labled by 5 companines and sold all over the planet. By the by, a single dot does not represent/indicate we have only one customer in that region.

If you're still looking, I would recommend taking a look at Status Machine Edition from B-Scada. It's a smaller installation compatible with Windows 7, and it provides one of the best HMI design interfaces I've seen. They offer a free trial at their website: www.scada.com.

I also meant to add that the majority of B-Scada's customers are actually outside of the US. We have successful deployments in Russia, South Korea, Turkey, Spain, etc. - on every continent except Antarctica.