Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mvmalten

PLC-5 Average file only when all values are not 0

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I'd like to calculate an average value of 10 floating points (let's say F180:10 - F180:19), but this average calculation should only occur when all of these floats have a value other than 0. Now, I could of course fill a rung completely with NEQ F180:10 0 NEQ F180:11 0 etc etc, but I don't find this very pretty or efficient. I hope someone can provide me with a better idea, Thanks in advance! Martin

I believe this is the only way you could accomplish your goal, especially on a forty years old platform. I really don't see why would you consider this inefficient or "out-of-style"; this is what CPUs are built for afterall....

since you are only talking about 10 registers it would be difficult to be efficient or pretty......if you don't like using a bunch of NEQ knock yourself out and write a loop and index thru the registers. You can add them all but if any is zero set or reset a valid bit....its probably no more efficient but its a lot prettier..... bob

Yeah I guess you guys are right. I was just thinking that maybe I overlooked a function that would be ideal for it, but I guess not. Thanks for the replies! Martin