Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tooony

Omron ETN21 SMTP Problem

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I try to send mails with the etn21 from omron. At first I got the same problem like here: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=5788 If i take a email with 9 charakters it works :) But there is the next problem: an SMTP transmission error. The authentification "pop befor smtp" is an old authentification methode. Is the newest authentification methode for SMTP servers supported?

Unfortunately, yes. Most servers today require SSL and some require SMTP authentication. The ETN21 does not support either method. Only POP before SMTP. This means that it is really only useful on your own email servers. It is not useful as a stand alone out in the field that uses a 3rd party free email account (gmail or yahoo as an example).

Thank you for this information. the etn21 is not ne newest. Do you know any other (new) model from omron or an other company which can send email ? I need a SPS which controls a machine AND sends status-infos to a cloud. the sending of this infos i will realiz with email.