Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Div_by_zero

Connected Components - renaming variables

6 posts in this topic

Question about CCW (Connected Components Workbench): In "local variables", say I have a bit, for example, named "old_name" in the left-most "name" column. I then employ that bit on various rungs in my program. Later, I go into local variables and decided to change the name of that bit to "new_name". It then throws an error in my program everywhere I reference "old_name". There must be a way to set options to have variable renaming update the code automatically, right? Thanks. Edited by Div_by_zero

I would imagine you are talking about a CompactLogix or ControlLogix? If so, simply going into the Program Tags for that task and editing the name will change all the instances in the task. You can do the same from the code itself by right clicking the variable and selecting Edit Properties. Does that help? bob

I believe I misinterpreted your question.....where are you going into to change the Local variable name? bob

Talking about Connected Components Workbench. I am changing the variable names in the table that opens when I double-click on "Local Variables" on the left-hand pane.

I'm not very familiar with CCW, but I don't see a way to automatically update tagnames, either. Have you tried changing the tagname in Local Variables and then doing a "Find and Replace" -> Replace All in the program logic?

Scott, "find and replace" works, tried that the other day. The thing is, in my humble opinion, A.B. *really* should add real-time tag renaming to this software.