Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mjrx

PanelView Plus 1000 comm question

4 posts in this topic

I am using a PV+ 1000 & a ML1400 PLC via ethernet. Got them talking to each other, but I keep getting notice/alarm: "DF1_ Failed to open COM3: as it may already be in use by another application" I am not using DF1, how do I get this massage to stop?

The DF1 driver got configured, probably when you copied the communications configuration from the Local tab to the Target tab. You were likely using a USB/RS232 converter, which is why it's COM3. The driver doesn't have to be in use to attempt to start up, which is why you're seeing the error message. I don't know for sure if you can delete a driver from the PV+ configuration menu. You can definitely go back to RSLinx Enterprise inside FactoryTalk View Studio, delete the DF1 driver on the Target tab, create a runtime and re-download it to your terminal.

Once again Mr. Roach you have come through. Early on I had a DF1 setup to get initial IP and setup into the ML1100, and this transferred over to Enterprise. After ethernet was working I took the DF1 off of my RSLinx Enterprise setup, which removed it from the "Design (Local)" but looking at the "Runtime (Target)" it was still in there. Thanks.