Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Conor

Powerflex 700 problem

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I had a Powerflex 700 170 Amp drive go down on me the other day. Got the new one in on Express delivery today and am have a little problem. My drive is controlled by DeviceNet, which is connected to an L35E. I was able to go online and download to the new drive but it is not resetting. It is showing up ok on the DeviceNet. I seem to remember before when I had changed out a Powerflex 40 for a new one that I had to download to the HMI as well as but I maybe wrong there. Does anyone have any idea's? Thanks, Conor

Are there any error codes alternating with the Node Number on the DeviceNet Scanner module display ? What exactly do you mean by "it is showing up OK on DeviceNet" ? It's unlikely to be a problem with the HMI. You need all of the DeviceNet module parameters (inside the 20-COMM-D) as well as the network-control-related parameters in the drive set like the old one was.

Hi Ken, I meant that there are no errors on the scanner card, or online with the DeviceNet software. As said I downloaded to the card via the software ok. Conor

Hi guys, Got sorted this morning. The new Drive that I had installed was firmware version 10, and the old one was 4. I had to download the EDS for V10. I then was able to download by resolving the mismatch. I saved the mismatch report. I had done all of this yesterday before my first post. So this morning I was checking in the PLC code an found that I couldn't see the four DI's that were connected to the Drive on the PLC, even though these three were On. I thought that I checked all of the Parameters against the back-up version that I had from the original old drive. I was then talking to my local Rockwell support engineer. He asked me to check the Data in Parameters and crosscheck with the old back-up. I found that Parameters 310 to 313 had no values in them on the new drive where they had values in them on the old drive. I matched up the values and I got my drive to reset. When I checked the Mismatch report again I found that of course I hadn't looked at it correctly. I told me that it had deleted Parameters 300 to 317 and re-created these Parameters again. This must have zero'ed all of these Parameteres. Hopefully this may help some one in the future, as I was stumped. Conor

On any drive where we have a network card and a him and the him supports it, we copycat to the him. This might have helped in your situation although rev 4 to rev 10 is quite a jump. And before someone mentions it, yes I know RSlogix 5000 will store the drive config as well. At least with the ethernet drives it does. But using RSlogix means a Controls Tech is involved, using a him it's simply "Joe Relay Electricain".