Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Armadillo852

Cross Reference Data

4 posts in this topic

Hello All, I have a question that might seem easy, but I cannot figure it out. I am new to Siemens software. Every time I want to cross reference (Ctrl+Alt+Q) I get a popup window asking if the data should be updated. This happens every time. Even if I select yes. Please see the attached photo. Does anyone know if we can turn this feature off? It is very annoying. Thank you in advance, Corey

Each time you change data in your program, software prompt this box when you ask a crossref. Is this box appear if you make a crossref, save project, close it, reopen it and then do a crossref? I don't think you can disable this feature.

Doesn't matter if I save it or not. It happens ever time. Guess it is just another annoying Siemens Software issue to deal with. Thanks for the suggestion and response.

hi, I already had this problem and it looks like it is another simatic bug, however, I manually regenerated the cross references and i'm not annoyed anymore with that pop up, unless I've made any change. To do so, in simatic, with the cpu/program/blocs selected and all the FC/FB etc.. diplayed, you clic on "tools", then "reference data" then "generate" and answer yes. It will take a while (1 or 2 minutes for my small project) and is gonna open a few routines if you have some of the GRAPH type. Then it should display it's been done succesfully (if so) and you should have peace. The way you have configured your programming style may enter in consideration too, depending if you use tag or address priority, this can be found with a right click on "blocks" in the project nav, then "properties" or "alt+enter" and then the "operand priority" tab. Good luck.