Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndyK

A870GOT Communication error

7 posts in this topic

Hi All, From time to time (and this is the worst) I'm getting an error message on A870GOT screen "Check communication circuit. (cable, driver, module)". This message is displayed before monitoring. I did check communication module (replace from the other part of machine) and connection cable (also from other working part) but wihtout any results, still the same message. What is good that I know that communication module is working because I have run the other part with module from first one and the same with the cable. Communication module is A7GT-BUS. It can work one day and the next one won't!! Could someone, based on above, can tell me what to do more to solve this problem, please?! If you will need more details I can provide... Thanks & Regards, Andy

If it's as intermittent as you say, perhaps there is an issue with the bus plug on the rack? The other end of the cable from the GOT. Being that module puts the screen onto the PLC as an intelligent module, does the PLC ever show an error? Also keep in mind your product is 3 generations out of date. 800GOT was replaced by 900GOT, and then by GOT1000. It may just be an age issue.

Hi, I don't think that this could be a bus plug on the other end of the cable because I did swap the cable with working part of this machine and it won't help. When communication error message appears the "error" light on CPU didn't turn on (CPU Mitsubishi A1SJCPU with A1SX80/A1SY50 and A1SJ71C24-R4). I know that this is quite old stuff but I don't think that there will be an option of replaceing with younger one :) Any other suggestions to check? Regards, Andrzej

The cable plugs into the base unit. Swapping the cable doesn't change the plug in the base unit. All plugs have 2 sides. If the cable end isn't worn out, maybe the base unit end is. Change the base unit and see if it helps. You really need to upgrade to a newer model. The software for those old relics doesn't even work in Windows. They're about 12 years obsolete.

Hi, I swap the base unit for CPU from working part to this broken one but it didn't help. What is worse that when I put back it to the working part it starts showing the same error message (comunication error). In this case Error led on CPu lights on! So I'm right now in worse position than at the beginning. Maybe there is something wrng with CPu module but what would be its influence on the base unit that working part starts displaying the same error?? Regards.

At this point, I have no idea what your problem is. Maybe grounding noise? Are you certain all of the modules are properly seated in the base unit and all cables are connected prior to power up?

All modules are screwed to the base unit so seated properly. Cables are also coonnected prior to power up, I did check that hundred times :) I have also using extension base unit connected to the main one (with short flat cable) but this connection looks also fine!?