Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kurokage

need opinion about keyence plc

2 posts in this topic

want upgrade skill so i decide learn another plc always use omron and mitsubishi for project but i got campaign offer from keyence so i could buy their product for 40% price plus get software kv studio 7 for free will buy the new connector type plc KV-NC32T and net device KV-NC1EP i need more opinion about keyence plc... good thing and bad thing or what ever.. please share your opinion.. thank u

Keyence PLC programming is very similar to the Omron and Mitsubishi. The last software I used to program them was Ladder Builder. I found it was not as good as CX-Programmer or GX-Developer. I would assume they have made improvements in KV Studio but I've never used it. One of the differences I remember is that you must load a WORD into memory before performing an operation on it. I don't remember the mnemonic. This operation is similar to Automation Direct PLC programming or Assembly programming. What I really liked about the math instructions is that you could program them 'in line'. I found this especially clean when needing to perform several math instructions for a single result. In this case you could do it in a one rung. The PLC hardware is fine. I've never seen failures under normal conditions. The I/O and program execution is very fast. In fact, this was our reason for using them. We would use them for sub systems of our larger Omron systems where the Omron scan time was too slow. Omron has since improved their speed so we don't use the Keyence anymore.