Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hobbsm

locked logix 5000 files

3 posts in this topic

Hi All, I am trying to fault find using RSlogix 5000 but the ladder file I need to veiw is greyed out in the ladder file list, and I cant open it. Is there any way to open it Thanks

Whoever wrote the program locked the routine and apparently they didn't give you the key (password). These days I only lock routines (structured text, never ladder) to prevent someone from screwing with the equations in the routine. When I was an integrator I always gave the password to my customers or removed it if they requested it. Most understood that it was best to protect certain routines (and AOI's) from someone screwing around with them so I rarely had to un-protect them. Edited by Michael Lloyd

are you SURE that they are LADDER files? ... check the little file icons carefully ... the ControlLogix supports extra "languages" besides Ladder Logic – and your copy of RSLogix5000 has to include support for those "extra" languages/components in order to open those "extra" type files ... this costs MONEY by the way – so many customers just buy the basic (Ladder Logic only) package – and then later find out that their neighborhood programmer was a big fan of some other type of language ... in some versions, the file icons will appear "greyed out" unless you have the necessary horsepower to open them ... in most cases that I've seen, having the program "locked" by a password, etc. will result in a message along the lines of "Source Not Available" ... so are you getting an error message? ... if so, what is it? ... you can also click the "Help > About" menu selections – and then click the "More Info" button (shown below) to see which (if any) extra languages/components you have loaded on your computer ... (note that you can click the picture below to enlarge it) ... and welcome to the forum ... the more information that you give us, the more detailed we can make our answers ... Edited by Ron Beaufort