Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mbarrett87

Tags

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, i'm hoping this will be pretty basic but ive not worked with mitsubishi before so i don't know, i have a mistubishi plc program, with co comments or tags, but thankfully i have the iifix scada to go with it, im having a bit of confusion with the tags though, for example, in fix i have the tags Fix32.SCADA1.PLC2_DIGREG_M832.F_0 Fix32.SCADA1.PLC2_DIGREG_M832.F_1 Fix32.SCADA1.PLC2_DIGREG_M832.F_2 now i can find the tag, M832, in my second PLC no problem, but what does the f_0 mean?

Hard to say. Maybe you should ask the question in the HMI/SCADA forums, Mitsubishi only has "M382" and nothing more to it. If you were to have e.g. D382_f0, ...f1, ...f2 and so on I would say that they refer to bits in words (f0 = bit0, f1 = bit1 and so on). But coils (Mxxx) are only coils... Must be a "fix thing".
1 person likes this

kaare_t, thanks for your post, what i have found to be happening is that if the HMI tag is pointing to M382_F1, then in the plc it is looking at M383, it seems to do this in groups of 8, not sure why perhaps the way the OPC server was configured