Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Angel David

communications between ControlLogix 5555 and Panelview 550 trough datahighway+ network.

3 posts in this topic

Hi there, I have a controllogix 5555 (to which I connect with my laptop and a usb-serial converter RS-232 and I can perform logic upload and modify online without any problems), this controller is connected through a 1756-DHRIO card to a view panel 550 by Datahighway +. to backup the application of panelview I connect to a 1784-u2dhp converter to the card in slot 1 controller rack (1756-DHRIO) by PanelBuider32 software and perform the backup of the application without any problem. my job is to add a numeric entry in the panelview, that allows setting the value of an integer in the logic. when reviewing the panelview this database is configured oriented to addresses and not oriented to tag, how generally work the controllogix system. besides this review backplane settings in RSLogix 5000 and I can see that the card (1756-DHRIO) is not configured on any controller slot. I was checking on the internet according to a configuration exists which allows the card to place 1756 DHRIO as a gateway between the controller and another device, but yet do not understand how to perform this configuration. if anyone has done this configuration beg please help me with your experience. my question is where I set the tags from the database for use in panelview logic in RSLogix 5000 controller and configure the card as 1756 DHRIO? i send attached image of database panelview and backplane configuration in RSLogix 5000 controller.

The ControlLogix has feature called "PLC/SLC Data Table Mapping" that allows it to respond to requests for PLC-5 or SLC-500 style Data Tables. In the RSLogix 5000 main menu, select Logic -> Map PLC/SLC Data Tables. You will probably find an INT type and REAL type Array tags that are mapped to Data Files 3, 7, 8, 10 and 11. Edited by Ken Roach

Hi Ken, thanks for your advice when i review In the RSLogix 5000 main menu, select Logic -> Map PLC/SLC Data Tables. and i can solve the work without any trouble, today download the program to plc and panelview and every application it's working that should be. Thanks for your time