Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YankeeFan

Factory Talk SE

4 posts in this topic

New to this forum and looking to see if someone might know how to display a timer that is in seconds to HH:MM:SS. Data coming from a modbus address through a kepware server into factory talk and not able to change the other control so it would have to be done in factory talk. I created an analog tag for it and called it unit1timer and able to display the seconds. But have not found anywhere in SE where you can change how the timer is displayed? Not sure if it can be done in SE?

Are you positive the timer that is coming into the display is not allready tracking minutes and hours in a word and the factory view tag is just looking at the seconds by themselves? And are you wanting to display the time? I would check what the seconds display is looking at for its information first. Then If it is just a 60 second timer the you will have to create 2 separate tags for the hours and minutes and group them. You will have to play with it because I am no pro and hopefully their is an easier way but your numeric display tag for your minutes you would have to go into the animation-visibility and click expression and say somthing like; If (seconds tag) = 60 then + 1 and the the hour display would say; If (minute display tag) = 60 then + 1. It would be much easier if you could change the program itself

On the desired display, add three numeric display objects, separated by ":" text objects. The numeric displays are for HH:MM:SS. Configure them as follows. HH: Field length = 2, Decimal places = 0, Format = Decimal, Expression = unit1timer / 3600 MM: Field length = 2, Decimal places = 0, Format = Decimal, Leading character = Zeroes, Expression = (unit1timer % 3600) / 60 SS: Field length = 2, Decimal places = 0, Format = Decimal, Leading character = Zeroes, Expression = unit1timer % 60 Make sure unit1timer is a Long Integer data type.

Appreciate your help that work out for me. On the MM the formula you said would not work. I had to just divide the timer by 60. Thanks Again