Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Conor

Stratix Managed Switches

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I have not yet used VLan's with my Stratix Managed Switches. I was wondering if I can use a VLan to route signals through my Managed Switches. My normal network is 192.0.2.xxx. Can I use the VLan to connect on to the company network, 10.xx.xx.xx? I have both 8000 and 5700 types of Managed switch Conor

From my understanding VLans are to virtually separate a physical connection so im not sure if you can use it to connect different devices. But what I do know is even if you connected those two networks they still would not be able to talk because they are on separate subnets and you would need a gate way to connect through that. What is your goal? Just to have your computer be able to connect to the two different networks?

It is for a security project. Biometric readers at one end of the Plant, and the security software is on the company network Conor

Ok I see I wish I could be more help I had a similar project everyone wanted the company network separate from the factory network but wanted the companies network to update the factory computers. So I just had them buy me a server and put two nic cards in it so they are physically separate for security reasons but I can send updates regularly to the factory computers. but I did read that some managed switches you can configure a router to talk between the two networks.