Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plcdp

F2 programming question

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I have been tasked to make a couple minor modifications to an older machine we have here and it has a Mitsubishi F2 series PLC. I have programmed FX3U's and Q series PLC's but when I try to do a compare of a current value of a counter and the value stored in a data register, it is not taking the instruction. I am guessing I have the syntax wrong? [LD= C1 D40]---------(Y0) That is basically what I am trying to accomplish. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you, Dave

I think you may need to use the CMP compare instruction in that relic. I don't think it offered LD=. This thing pre-dates all FX products. Rip it out and put in a current FX3 model. F2 has been obsolete since around 2000. Programming manual is at www.meau.com and I think in the Downloads section here as well.

Thanks, I was thinking that was the route I was going to have to take. I already downloaded the manual and the manual refers to F coils? I didn't have too much time to look at it but in the short time I did it confused me a bit. I will use the cmp instruction. Too much money to rip out a working PLC to upgrade. I appreciate the help, Dave