Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjb5x4

Adding VFD to Logix5000

6 posts in this topic

I am tryng to add a powerflex 7000 2-E to a logix program and am getting a "drive correlation error": failed to verify i/o connection data Being relatively new to adding drives to programs I have never encountered this issue and am hoping to find someone who has! Thanks!

What is the platform (CPU type/Firmware revision), networking type (EtherNet/IP, ControlNet, etc.) and the exact PowerFlex drive type (Catalog #/Firmware revision) /installed communications adapter.?

1756-L73 Rev 19.53, over ethernet through a 20-comm-e card, powerflex 7000-2 series B revision 9.003 I am able to connect to it with drive executive and go online/change parameters currently.

You probably did not install RSL5K Rev 19 with all the Hardware Profiles Options "checked"...It happens, I wish they will be installed by default.... You have two options: 1. Un-install RSL5K Rev.19 and then re-install it (using the latest available release!), this time making sure you check "Install Drives Communication Profiles" when prompted. 2. Add the drive to the project file using the Rockwell provided AOP (Add-On Profile); download the AOP at http://www.ab.com/support/abdrives/webupdate/powerflex7000.html# Edited by dmargineau

I have just checked the download link; the only available option is for PF7000 2 Rev. 6.002: you should be able to Import the AOP within the RSL5K and add the drive to your project though. Once RSL5K Online with the drive, if you are experiencing module "matching" issues, you could use the "Match the Connected Drive" feature of the drive module's Definition-> Change/Match Drive, General tab; RSL5K will upload all the relevant information from the drive and mitigate the eventual issues. Might as well forget about re-installing RSL5K Rev. 19; my own copy does not provide the PF7000 2 communications profile; probably it is too new to bother updating the user software database... Edited by dmargineau

I will try this and let you know if it works, thanks!