Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HDP

FT View Studio

4 posts in this topic

I have FT View Studio. I am trying to setup the communcations as the video on the Rockwell website instructs. When I click the communications setup folder as descibed in the video, I do not see the controller tree as displayed in the video on the right. I am in the design tab and not the runtime tab. I can see the controller tree listed in RS Who and in Rs Logis 5000. What am I missing? Thank you, Herb

I remember having the same problem when I first used FTV Studio. I fixed it by resizing one of the panes in the Communication Setup window, but I can't remember which one. I believe I had to drag the horizontal bar above the Browse button down. If that's not it, try maximizing the Communication Setup window. If that doesn't work, post a screen shot of the window and maybe it will trigger my memory.

one question, are you trying to look at a plc that you use RSlogix 500 to program? It has been my experience that unless the PLC is programed by RSLogix 5000 Factory talk view will not see it.

When you say you can see it in RS Who, does that mean you are looking at it in RSLinx Classic? FT View uses RSLinx Enterprise. You'll need to right click on the RSLinx Enterprise icon (in the Design tab) then Add Driver. I haven't seen the video so I'm not sure if you have done this or not. If you are using a serial port then you will have to delete it from RSLinx Classic first. They cannot use the same serial port at the same time.