Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
terryb

1761-NET_ENI Help

9 posts in this topic

Hello all, hoping someone here can help. I am trying to write a message from a 5/05 to a 5/03 thru a 1761-NET-ENI According to tech support nothing has to be done to the NET module it just passes it thru to the PLC. I have tried over and over but have had no luck. I a thinking that there has to be some sort of routing done in the Net module to chage it from Ethernet to DF1 serial. Any suggestions? Thanks

The SLC-5/05 supports both the old PLC-5E Ethernet protocol and the modern "EtherNet/IP" protocol, and the 1761-NET-ENI supports only the EtherNet/IP protocol. In the MSG instruction configuration, EtherNet/IP is designated by the "Multi-Hop" option. If the SLC-5/05 is older than about 1999, it may not have the Multi-Hop option; RSLogix 500 will tell you if it's an available feature or not.

Yes I have selected the Multi-Hop and entered the address of the 1761 into the Multi- Hop tab. I then toggled the 5/05 bit on, but it does not show up in the 5/03. Is there any setup that has to be done in the 1761 or does it take the signal from the 5/05 to the 1761 and straight to the 5/03?

Are you able to use RSLinx with the ethernet connection to get online with the 5/03? In order to verify the serial side of things. Also, did you choose the right type of MSG? I think it should be SLC Typed Write working from memory. Edited by OkiePC

Yes, I am able to connect thru RSLinx. The EN and DN are on, but I still am not getting the bit on in the 5/03. I am using the MSG Write message. Does the MSG have to be reset with the DN bit?

If you mean make the rung go false then true again, then the answer is yes. I would post an example of the ladder that is commonly used, but all of the examples I look at here are much more complex involving multiple messages per node and interlocking and error checking. I will find a good example here though...it's quiet here at work (knock wood) so give me a few minutes. Edited by OkiePC

I don't have it with me right now. When I can get it I will post. Thanks for all your help. I have done this between 5/05's, but seem to be having this problem only with the ENI.

The only thing different when using the NET-ENI is that you must enable Multi-hop and fill in the fields.

I had the reset bits wrong so it never reset. Thanks again for all your help. Working fine now, but testing tomorrow.