Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nrm13

CP1W-CF01 Serial Comm. Board

7 posts in this topic

I have a CJ2M CPU-33 PLC with a CP1W-CF01 Serial Communication board. I want to use this serial connection to recieve information from a barcode scanner. I have seen this done with a NSJ PLC with built-in Serial port. When I scan a barcode the light on the CP1W-CF01 will flash quickly but I dont seem to reieve any information. The program is using a if A393 <> 0 then activate a 0.2 sec timer when timer done recieve 8 bytes into D20 using the RXD instruction. Again, it works on an NSJ but wont work on this CJ2M does anyone have any ideas?

Welcome to the forum. I would suggest you disable the RXD instruction. Trigger the barcode scanner and check the value in A393. Make sure you are actually receiving the data. You may also need to verify the setup of the Serial Port in the Settings in CX-Programmer. There may be settings that need to be modified. Hope this will help.

Double check a few things: 1. Check that the port is setup to be 'RS-232C' mode, and that this setting is downloaded to the PLC. Sorry. I know this is obvious. 2. Check that DIP Switch 5 on the CPU is Off. If both of those are correct, and the wiring is correct, you should see data in A393. I like gtsupports idea of disabling the RXD. This would leave the data in the buffer.

AND ............... check that you have the correct cable connections. The CIF01 uses Omron's pinout for the DB9 not the industry standard. You will probably need a C200H-CN220 cable to adapt your barcode reader to the CIF01.

Dick Great point! Not only the RXD / TXD / SG, but also make certain that RTS / CTS are satisfied, either by jumpering on the Omron side (pins 4 and 5) or connecting through to the scanner RTS / CTS.

I had made a custom cable to interface between the two and changed all the port settings to match the scanner. For some resaon when I blocked the Rxd command and then unblocked it it started working. Thanks

I recently did a barcode scan project with a CP1L into the serial port successfully using a home-made C200HS-CN220-EU (got an Omron cable guide from tech support) , but I am having no luck trying this on a CPM2A with the same cable. I also tried a - CN229-EU. I'm probably missing something obvious, but I am beating my head against the wall trying to get this to work. I used the same program from the working program on the CP1L except I changed the addressing format and PLC type to CMP2A. Settings are RS232, baud, etc. are matching, and I'm using 256 received bits. Thanks, Ben