Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Heartnet

Cimplicity fail to read point value from OPC Server for Modbus RTU (pic provided)HELP

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I can't get Cimplicity to read the point values from the OPC Server for Modbus RTU, anyone got any bright ideas on how to fix this? Please help me thanks =) Its showing "****" as a value.

Hard to tell from these pictures. I would check Cimplicity status log for any messages.Does your OPC server have any status view? So you can see if the Cimplicity OPC client is polling etc.

By status view, you mean live view? As you can see I was running live view. That is why its reading True/False as well as the value from the input register.

Well, same as with Cimplicity, your OPC server probably has some kind of log where it tells you that a client (in this case Cimplicity) connected to poll tag X for instance. Further more, you don't have any conversion set like integer to real? You might want to try to configure the point in Cimplicity as a REAL. I asume you have a license key to allow communication in Cimview (check with Cimplicity license manager)

I will have a look tomorrow. About the license... Must I have a license to enable cimplicity to read values? I am doing this for my uni project. I can't afford to get a full version of cimplicity just for my project. Therefore, my cimplicity is the unlicense/ the version that only runs for 2 hours.

I believe the 2 hour demo version should allow OPC comms but am not 100% sure.