Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Heartnet

Interfacing Cimplicity with AB Micro830 via RS232 cable with Modbus RTU protocol

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I am having some issues with interfacing cimplicity with AB's Micro830 via RS232 cable with Modbus RTU protocol. I was given the AB Micro830 for my project in Uni. I am meant to implement HMI with it. Anyone who has used AB Micro830 controller to interface with Cimplicity before can you please help me =). After several failing attempts. Someone suggested me to use OPC for Modbus RTU server to connect my AB Micro830. I managed to get it working but I haven't got the OPC Server talk to cimplicity yet =__=" Can someone please help me if you could. Thanks.

Sorry, I have not tried this but, this may help: KB5667: Troubleshooting Modbus RTU Connectivity Issues If not, there are lots of Articles here on Cimplicity HMI to Rockwell products. http://support.ge-ip...SCADACIMPLICITY Edited by RussB

By the way this is the error that I get when I try to connect my PLC via modbus RTU on CIMPLICITY. "Error: Device found at addres 1 reported error 1 responding to Report Slave ID command. The device will be configured as a GENERIC_PLC but may not work under CIMPLICITY. This error may be reported if your device has lost its configuration (battery failure) or if the device does not support the Report Slave ID command. CIMPLICITY recommends double checking the device configuration using your programming software." This lead me to using PLC - > OPC Modbus RTU Server - > Cimplicity rather than PLC - > Cimplicity. Hope someone can help me thanks =) Edited by Heartnet