Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jpolano

SLC 500 Program Help

2 posts in this topic

Hello All! I'm trying to troubleshoot a fairly complex SLC 5/04 program written some time ago (by others). The machine has developed an intermittent condition related to safety and I'm under the gun to get it fixed. I'm trying to identify all the physical inputs that might be associated with a physical output. A quick example would be a line with a XIO (B3:2/10) in series with another XIO (B3:3/20) connected to an OTE coil. I'm trying to find a program or utility that would 'parse' the B3:2/10 XIO contact and list any/all physical Inputs that would affect operation of that contact; then do the same thing for the next XIO contact(B3:3/20). This example is fairly simple; the real program gets much more convoluted. I've started to build lists for each 'B' register in Excel, but it's time-consuming; I figure there's GOT to be a better way! After all, it's a computer........ I don't have a copy of RSLogix at home here, so I can only troubleshoot/experiment at work where my time is limited. Will the Cross-Reference report show this level of detail? Thanks in advance for any help or hints provided! Jpolano

Two different things you can do. Option 1 - In the project tree, you will find in the Data Files section, an icon called "Cross Refernence" which will display all addresses and their usage throughout the entire program. Option 2 - From "File Menu", select "Report Options" to configure report including the Cross Refernence". At this point you can print it.