Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
amirsyazi

Problem! Need Help SLC 5/05 + Panel view alarm

4 posts in this topic

After loading the FactoryTalk Project This alarm came out... Data Table F8:4-F8:14 in SLC at 10.1.10.212 is too small or missing *totally no idea as our engineer is out for vacation....

The FactoryTalk project is trying to read more elements than are actually defined in the processor's Data Table file 8. Open the RSLogix 500 project for that SLC-5/05 and see how many elements are in the data table F8 (right-click and select Properties). You cannot change the size of SLC-500 data table files online; you will have to save the current state of the program, change the data table offline, and re-download the program. Alternatively, you can remove the element in the PanelView Plus program that is attempting to read the nonexistent data file element.

Thanks... for prompt feedback.. i'll try it now.. :) any possible hardware cable connection problem...?

I don't think so. If you had completely lost communication you should see errors for every address the PV tries to access and they would be worded differently. What you are seeing indicates that the PV is able to communicate but is getting a response from the SLC that at least some of those addresses are not there. If I had to place a bet, I would suspect that the SLC lost its program and has a default program now, and in the default program F8:0 would be the only element in the file. (There would be no F8:1, F8:2, etc.) Even if faulted with no program, the IP address may remain intact and the SLC will continue to communicate. Of course if this happened, the outputs will all go to a fault state and the logic will not be executed. So if the machine still works except for a few PV errors, then my bet is a losing one. Edited by OkiePC