Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Conor

Ethernet IP printer

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone is printing via a CompactLogix. I need to get a printer to print out dockets for me. I need to be able to send the info out from my L35E processor. I will have a managed switch on the other end where the prnter will be installed. On the print out I would like to have a basic template and my PLC sending out the info to fill in the blanks (for want of a better word) on the printed out sheet. Conor I may have the answer already. I have a Prosoft MVI69-GEC. Would I be able to use this to send info out to a printer, and if so would any printer do here? Edited by Conor

Conor.. I'm fairly certain any Ethernet-enabled print won't do. Many of the Zebra printers support printing generic ASCII over Ethernet... http://www.zebra.com/us/en.html. I know the ProSoft GEC modules work with many Zebra printers. CH

I cant seem to find a printer. I have emailed Zebra, but just got a generic answer. I have contacted Prosoft tech support. The guy was very nice and helpful, but they don't have anything documented, so no answer there either. Any other makes?

I've had good luck with HP Laserjet printers for printing from Omni Flow Computers but I can't speak to them printing from CLX. P2055dn and 2015 Series

Hi guys, I was just talking to Zebra tech suport. I have explained what I want to do and sent on info to them, and they are looking into this. He told me that their printers use the langauges EPL and ZPL. Does anyone know if I can send this kind of info out of my L35E or my MVI69-GEC? If I get any solutions or idea's from Zebra I will post them here too. Thanks Conor

Hi guys, I have not been at this issue for a while, but I am now able to get my Zebra printer to print from my L35E. As stated before I have a Prosoft MVI69-GEC and I set up the printer as a Client in this configuration, default port for the printer was 9100 (from the manual). I then read the Zebra manual and sent an ASCII string out to the printer. This printed. I was wondering what is the best way of copying the following into my ASCII string? ^XA ^FO50,50^ADN,36,20^FDxxxxxxxxxxx ^FS ^XZ Each one of these needs to be on a seperate line in the ASCII string sent out to the printer Conor