Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andy_P

CX-Designer screen page data format

3 posts in this topic

( CX-Designer version V3.520 October 29th 2012) Following on from my previous post regarding grid size, it appears there is also a bug with the data format of the screen page value. Despite setting it to Binary, it is still operating in BCD mode, at least in simulation. These are pretty fundamental errors and I really hope that it is only me that is experiencing them. Anyone else? Edited by Andy_P

It seems to work in simulation mode on my PC with the same version. I am guessing that you are mistaking one setting for another on this issue. Is this what is happening: The Setting under Project Property -> Data Format DOES NOT affect the system word $SW0 that reports back the current screen number. See the picture below: As the description states, it affects: - Command Button / Multifunction "Indirect Specification of Screen No" - Command Button / Multifunction "Write Screen Page No. to the Address when Switching a Screen." - Frame "Frame Page Ref" The format of $SW0 (System Word that reports back the current screen number and can be used to switch screens from the host) is configured under System Settings -> Initial tab -> System Memory List button. Then press next 2x to get to the $SW Allocation settings. Then you will see this: Choose Binary for the Current Screen number system word and then it should work. It is BCD by default, so it makes sense what you are seeing.
1 person likes this

Aha! That is indeed precisely where I was going wrong. Working now as expected. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.