Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
panic mode

CP1H-X issue with settings

3 posts in this topic

hi everyone, I rarely get chance to work with Omron so before I get frustrated any further, I think it is the best to ask for advice here. The PLC is CP1H-X40DT1-D, and while it works, it complains that there is a wrong setting somewhere: Error Code 0x009B Status: Non-Fatal Details: PLC Setup Error It works and I can clear the log but error eventually comes back so I have to deal with it. I looked up the code and it says that error flag A402.10 is set (which is true) and that error location is in A406, (value there is 0x0100 or 256 decimal). Further, it tells me that PLC will display the same message (also true). I guess redundant display of a state is great but even if they find 10 ways to tell the same thing, it still wont change the fact that there is no real info on what to do about it and fix it. still does not tell me which memory range this is supposed to be in and which of many PLC settings affect that particular address. any tips..?

If you look in the CP1 Operation Manual appendix section on PLC Setup you'll see that each setup parameter has an internal address associated with it. The value 256 is related to parameters in the Pulse Output 0 tab. In particular look at Limit Input Signal Operation, Speed Curve, and Use Define Origin Operation. Are you using Pulse Output 0? I'd suggest maybe setting the PLC setup to default settings and downloading it to clear the error, and then changing any setup parameters that you need for your working program. Possibly do it in steps to see if and when the error occurs again. I don't believe there is a way to monitor these internal addresses using CX-Programmer.

It is an existing program created by someone else but I just can't stand looking at the flashing red light and ignore it, this needs fixing. PLC uses high speed counters and as you suspected, PTO 0 is used to drive single servo. Now that I look at the manual, there seem to be quite few things that get packed into same address so any of them could be a problem. But - now I know where to look. internal address 256: Limited Input Signal Operation (bit's 04-07) Speed Curve (bits 12-15) Use define origin operation (bits 00-03) According to log, there is also similar error related to internal address 0x0104 (260): Search High Speed (value outside 0-100000 cps range). I see that current value is 20000 but it is quite interesting what a bit of detective work can reveal. Now we should be able to put this baby to bed. Thank you sir