Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
schade

Visibility animation FTView ME

5 posts in this topic

I'm wondering if it is possible to word the expression in the visibility animation box to make something visible and leave it visible until another tag changes state even after the tag that made it visible changes state. Another way to word it is, I want one tag to make an object visible and a different tag to make it become invisible if that makes any sense. I want to avoid adding a bunch of programming to the existing logic just for a panelview. I'm using FactoryTalk View Studio ME Programming a PanelView Plus 1250 Communicating to a SLC 5/05 via Ethernet Thanks!

It sounds like you're looking for "latching" of the Visibility animation. Vis1 = 0 and Vis2 = 0 Object Invisible Vis1 = 1 and Vis2 = 0 Object Visible Vis1 = 0 and Vis2 = 0 Object Visible Vis1 = 0 and Vis2 = 1 Object Invisible States 1 and 3 are different only because of the sequence they are in, and I can't think of a way to make that work with FTView Animation, because that's always based on the current state of the expression. I think you're going to have to write a simple latching rung in your PLC logic.

Not clear why the visibility tag logic should be done in the display and not in the PLC.

Expression: {tag1} AND NOT {tag2} Expression true state choose : visible or user login, e.g. expression CurrentUserHasCode( A ) Hope you can get what you want.

Yes a "latching" visibility is what I was looking for. After tinkering with it for awhile I come to terms that I would have to do this latching in the program untill I found out the logic has a bitshift registry that is tracking the product on a conveyor system that I can use. Thanks for the quick reply.