Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rafa06

Synchronize time automatically from PC

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone I can synchronize the time manually from PC to the PLC using this Is there an another way to do the same automatically using a command or a function? Thanks

I'm not familiar with that program, but maybe you could set it up so that it is scheduled to run on your PC once per day??

If you have an ethernet module, and access to internet there is a facility to automatically synchronize the clock with a time server. Also in CX-Supervisor, it is possible to set the PLC clock by scripting. I'm not aware of any other ways :( Geir

Yep, with an Ethernet card you can do it to a time server - you can also have your screens update their time to the PLC as well - just done it with 13 PLCs and screens.

thanks to all of you for your replys. What you have mentioned about updating the time with an Ethernet module and with access to internet is exactly what I want, can you give me the steps to realize this because I've searched a lot but with no results. thanks again

First open the PLC IO Table, doubleclick the [1500]CJ2M-EIP21 line in Built-in PortInner board. Open the Auto Adjust Time page of the setup window. Input the time server of your choice in Host name and the desired Auto Adjust Time interval. You may also need to adjust your time zone relative to the time server. If you have a firewall, port 123 must be open. Transfer to Unit, and you should be OK. There is also supposed to be a Time server service in Windows, I have not tried it, but I suppose you enter the IP address of the timeserver PC in the appropriate field after starting the service. Geir

Thank you Geir, I'm so grateful