Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve Pence

Using TIMX(550) with CJ1

3 posts in this topic

I am working on converting our equipment from CQM1H to CJ1 and there is one area I can take advantage of the longer timing of TIMX versus TIM. However when I use the TIMX instruction and then compile I get the following error message: ERROR: Instruction TIMX(550) is not available - The timer/counter execution mode is incorrect at rung 38 ( 6, 0 ). I am not sure if this is a software setting in CX because in addition to changing PLCs we also switched from SYSWIN to CX. Or it could be an incompatibility with the CJ1M-CPU12 we are using. All of the documentation I found says the timer will work but I get this message anyway. I tried setting up a test project for a CS1 to see if the TIMX instruction was only available there but I got the same error. I am using CX-Programmer v4.03 Any insight you can contribute is appreciated. Thanks, Steve

TIMX can only be used when the PLC is set to treat TIM?CNT as binary. Under Properties of the PLC, check the box "Execute Timer/Counter as Binary."

Thanks Jay. I had looked in the PLC Settings but not the PLC properties. I also had missed the section in the manual about the refresh mode. I don't have time now to change all of the timers over to binary, but this will help us in the future. Thanks again, Steve