Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gary M and N

Omron NQ HMI

5 posts in this topic

Hi I am a novice in the PLC field but have a good basic grasp of the PLC (well I think i do). I am looking at upgrading the HMI on our control panel from a NT 2S basic unit to a 3.8" MQ monochrome. One thing is that our standard control panel will control a few different types of machines and to alter the control up until now links have had to be wired on the inputs to change how the control panel operates. We use a NT 2S to change some times (data registers) and also as a basic display. I am looking to use this HQ compact HMI as it will still fit on the space available on the control panel but want to chose the operation of the control panel through the HMI instead of inserting links. I have set this up on the HMI with a password protected page and then selecting what you want and this works fine. However I need the HMI to be on the correct screen for what type of machine it is controlling. I can do it that once you select an operation on the HMI it then goes to the relevant page and by limiting the goto next page etc this works. However I am worried that on power up etc if the HMI goes to the wrong page then this is no good. I see that register S0003 in the quick start instructions relates to the HMI screen but with the CP1EN PLC there are no S registers in the memory. ANy advice on this or a link to where I can find a more in depth manual would be appreciated. Thanks Gary Edited by Gary M and N

Don't know which quick start manual you are using that refers to an "S0003" register. Full manuals here http://industrial.omron.us/en/products/catalogue/automation_systems/hmi/compact_hmi/np/default.html You define a block of data in the PLC that is shared with the screen when configuring/setting up the NQ. This is explained in the Quick Start manual, but for full details look in section 6-6 of the NP Designer User Manual.

Thanks for that. I will have a go tomorrow and see how I get on.

BnB NP <> NQ ! Gary Use a project script to copy the plc tag to s003. Think you need to trigger the screen trigger flag too. I avoid the NQ these days so am talking from memory. Pp

HI I have managed it by adding a value to a tag in the PLC on a button and also copying the tag value to the HMI register S0005 in the global tasks. This works fine and as the register is retentive the HMI always goes to the correct screen on power up. Got there in the end. Thanks for the help. Gary