Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
travis

HELP~ AB HMI Panel View Plus 1000

8 posts in this topic

Hi all, I'm using FactoryTalk View Studio ver6.0. I try run in my laptop I can see the time & date but when I download into my HMI , they don't show up in my HMI. Is there any method to troubleshoot my problem ? Thanks advanced.

It isn't on top of another object such as a panel is it? If so it could be hiding in the back behind it at runtime. Open the project and select the missing component, right click---->arrange---->bring to front. This should bring it to the top of all the other components. Edited by chitwoodb

Explain exactly what the "time and date" are; is this a String Display object connected to the system Time and Date, or a group of Numeric objects, or something else ? If you have Animation assigned to the object, that might explain why it is not visible. Do you see nothing at all where the object should be, or do you see a "wireframe" outline, or a "???????" display ?

Is a string display object which connected to the system time and date, just a blank box appear without the time and date. Do you have any solution please, Ken Roach?

I don't think that reason cause my time and date missing. By the way, I had tried but still does not work. Thanks, do you still have other solution?

If you use the "system/DateAndTimeString" tag as the Connection for a String Display object, the date and time are going to show up as a string. The only way I am able to make nothing show up is by making the object too short for the font to appear. If the "sssssss" appears in the Design view, then the text is definitely going to appear in the runtime view. Try creating a larger String Display object. All you have to do is test-run the Display to see if it works.

Picture This image is the print screen from my computer. But in the actual HMI, there is only a blue screen without the time and date. so weird ................... HELP me.

Yes, that's strange. The screenshot proves that you have the String display object defined correctly. Are you sure that the PanelView terminal has the Time and Date set to a valid time and date ? The only other thing I can think of is that the format is DD/MM/YY, rather than the system default (for USA English) of MM/DD/YY. This may be something you need to discuss with Rockwell Automation's technical support group. I would start with the specific model and firmware revision of PanelView terminal, as well as FactoryTalk View Studio software, and maybe a photograph of the actual screen.