Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hisan1996

inputs card falure

6 posts in this topic

I have a CJ processor monitoring an input from a relay on the E-stop circut on an industrial machine. The card is a CJ1W-ID211 it is wired correctly to the requirments listed in the Omoron installation manual. the imput monitoring the E-Stop keeps failing, now sure why or what I can to do to prevent this from repeating. This is a DC input card,

I would be having a long hard look at the circuit to see if the input is getting over voltage from somewhere. I do not have input card failures at all.

Sounds like it might be overvoltage. Might be double checking if your signal cables are running close to your power cables. Can you post a copy of your wiring diagrams and I will see if I can see anything a miss? If you were in the UK I would suggest dropping off the input module for a quick check in our rig. Should be a few companies in the USA who would be able to help you out.

The inputs have 2k isolation built in but there is an RC network on the input - they are chips too - still have not had a failure. The only failures I have had on inputs are when someone has wired 240VAC to a DC input - the only other failures I have had are on transistor output modules - they do not like dead shorts.

Maybe the input card is not defective and "say" the truth (Input is really switching off) Edited by pfort