Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kutuz

1771-DMC CoProcessor program upload

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I am looking for tips and tricks how to upload a program from 1771-DMC CoProcessor. A client has a PLC-5/40B with CoPro Main Board (1771-DMC) sitting in slot 0. I was planning to install 1785-ENET into slot 0 and that's why I would need to know what program is inside the CoPro to be able to modify it in case we decide to move the CoPro to another slot and proceed with 1785-ENET install. I found a Rockwell knowledge base that the CoPro program can be uploaded using HyperTerminal. I was trying to connect to the channel 1 (9 pin port) of the CoPro module using 9600, 8, N, 1, Xon-Xoff settings, but I could never see OS-9 command prompt (never seen any symbol as an answer). I tried many other speeds as well as Hardware/None protocols but the CoPro did not respond. Does anybody have an experience how to connect to the CoPro? Any tips? Thank you in advance!

god!!!! Its been at least 20 years since I've used a Co-Pro. If memory serves me (at my age it may not).....the program can reconfigure the ports.......I would try a couple of other baud rates...also I seem to remember I was not using HyperTerminal but the communications package from AB.......if the program is running and using the port, I believe you need to send a ^C to stop the program. I'm going to see if I have any of the old documentation. I was using two in RS485 mode to talk to 16 or so inverters. bob