Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dmitrilim

CJ2M Write_CSV Data output

2 posts in this topic

Hi All, An appreciation for all who pay a look to my topic and try to understand my question. Thank You... I facing a minor problem when I extract my PLC data from data memory by using the Write_CSV function block provided by Omron FB Library. This function has limit the data to be extracted in .csv file with directory and file name in ascII text form and the data in ascII hex form. My problem is the hex form data that I extracted, is any way I can program in the PLC to convert the data that I want to extract in ascII text form. I know I can do the conversion HexToText in Mircosoft Excel but this will troublesome me whenever I extract a new data out. I think PLC is capable to extract data out in ascII text form but I have no idea how to program such a form to get the output.

There are string conversion instructions that convert HEX data to ASCII formats (ASC/STRx). I have done this for multiple applications/purposes. One is for an alarm log that has DateStamp & code, the other for PLC based data logging for later review. Bear in mind, the converted data takes up more memory, so you may need to think smart...