Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Heartnet

Using AB Micro830 to control servo valve and solenoid valve.

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I am currently working on a thesis on programming a basic process tank, I need to control the servo valve and solenoid valve so that the water can reach the desired setpoint. However, I encounter some problems along the way. The solenoid valve requires a 24volt voltage to be switched on and the servo valve requires a 20mA current to be open. I wired the solenoid valve to one of the embedded output on the PLC and wired the servo valve on the analog output on the PLC. My questions are 1) Would the embedded output of the PLC be strong enough to turn on the solenoid valve? 2) Where should I wire the solenoid valve onto? Com or O1, O2, O3 ? 3) How do you program the plc to output an analog value to the servo valve from the analog output? 4) Can someone please tell me what is the characteristic of the embedded i/o? EG, if I assign a Boolean “1” on the output what would happen to the com / output? Thanks in advance =)

This is where you contact your local AB distributor for cheap training classes on PLCs. You may need electrical training also from the nature of your questions.

Maybe you should go back and take a basic electricity class before you attempt this. Please don't hurt yourself.

Problem solved, left with 1 more problem on controlling the servo. Any familiar with CCW programming on Micro830? I fail to send current signal to the servo.